Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wikis

So far, the wiki exercise has been the hardest to figure out how to do. Here's mine, a rather barebones one that did help me figure out a few things that I could use later on. More wedding information, since that's what seems to consume all of my spare time these days.

However, I could see myself contributing to a reference desk wiki as a way to digitize the desk manual and provide a fast reference tool for when I know we have a tool for a question but can't quite remember what it is when that special question presents itself. I can also see the uses if you have to keep track of a lot of pieces of information on a topic or for a certain situation.

But this is one of those technologies that I think you have to have a need for before starting one, and that need has to be the interlocking organization of information. And I know for a fact I'd rather work on one than start one from scratch.

No comments: