Monday, January 14, 2008

Poor Puppy.

I feel bad for my dog sometimes. He has the strangest problems.

Like the fact that he gets the hiccups at least once a week, looking like he's about to explode right before the little hic sound comes out. When I was at the vet I told her about the hiccups and she wasn't concerned, but it's still disturbing to watch a dog older than a puppy expanding and contracting like a rather fluffy balloon.

Or his cold-weather tendency towards static electricity. Dry air, fluffy dog, carpeting and covers...and he starts crackling every time he moves, even with a humidifier running in the apartment. Makes me want to see if rubbing him with a dryer sheet would make a difference, though the same homespun remedy had no effect on my own unerring ability to sudden shocking contacts.

I'll ask the vet again if there are any solutions to these doggie dilemmas, but I'm already doubting any succor from stress for my shih tzu.

(Sorry for the overwhelming alliteration. I just couldn't help myself.)

No comments: